How do I attach a component to stick onto a moving object?

This is for a grappling hook I’m trying to make, so if you have another method of doing so, I’d love to hear it too!

Im using a line trace from my character to where Im aiming to bring myself to the location, but Im having two issues.

1. If I use the location of where the line trace hits something and brings me to the exact location, but it does not stick onto a moving object so I’ll be stuck floating in the air.

2. I can use the relative location of what the line trace hits to bring me to the object. It works on moving objects, but it brings me to its center and not where I hit it. Works fine for small objects, but not so well for bigger ones.

I figured I can fix this by sticking a small object to the surface where the line trace is, and bring me towards that, but I have no clue as to how to do that so Im hoping someone else can help me. I used an online tutorial from a wiki page as a base, but I cant seem to find it anymore. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Hi @Ozone
When casting the line trace , are you using the -Break -hit result ? Break Hit Result | Unreal Engine Documentation
inside that node you will find impact point, that should be the exact point where your line touch the other object.

You can simply attach an actor to another actor using that location.
so attacking a new actor-hook to the moving object will do it.

Beware that if the object is complex or skinned, so a skeletal mesh, the attached actor will note follow the mesh.
The attached actor will be placed , and follow, the other actor location and rotation.