How do I add new animations to my mannequin?

I’ve downloaded new animations from the marketplace but I have no idea how to add them to the list of my mannequin available animations here on the bottom right list:

Can Somebody help please ?

You need to retarget the animations to the Mannequin skeleton in order to see them in there. Depending on who made the animations, you might also have to setup retargeting source and Rig before you can right click your animations and retarget to the Mannequin skeleton. Hope that points you in the right direction. Otherwise check out Epic’s documentation on retargeting. They got some nice videos showing how it’s done.

All I want to do is just add the new animations from the Animation Starter Pack . They are sharing the same model, rig etc as my mannequin. I watched a couple of videos and I can’t work it out.

Retargetting is a better solutions but try this, Export all of the animations from the Starter Pack as .fbx files then reimport them and select the Skeleton you want to apply them to, that may be easier for you than retargeting and relatively straight forward. During the reimport select the model from the drop down menu and they should all import and work on the skeleton you selected.

Wish there were tutorials about this all the ones i can find are outdated the anim bluepints and set up are all different

make a copy just in case.

1. Open one of the animations
  2. Go to the skeleton they are attached to
  3. Navigate to that skeleton
  4. Delete that skeleton
  5. On popup window it asks if you want to retarget the animations to a new skeleton → point to your skeleton (You can check out which skeleton mesh YOU are using by opening the blueprint of your player character.)
  6. thats it, they will work for you.

that broke my game had to delete the game and start with a new copy im going from the ue4 manequin to the ue5 and the animation blueprints are totally different and there is no tutorials on hoe the new ones work and how to transition here sre some creen shots of what i have and the what i want to replace it with

this is the new one

the systems are totaly differnt the new one is hooked up to other systems like the post processing and ik rig and retargeter and such systems