,How do I add a projectile from player characters weapon?

Hi! ok, so this is my first time posting here.

I have a character who is animated via montage to perform a thrusting motion with her staff. In her hand is a staff, placed within a socket on the characters skeleton.

I cant for the life of me work out a blueprint for how to get a projectile attached and firing when the attack movement animation does.

Thanks guys

Do you have a node to play the animation?

You need two actor blue print of staff, one for just show and other for projectile.
Add notify in your montage. when montage notify calls, remove staff from hand and at same time spawn staff with projectile at location of hand socket.

Doesn’t sound like you would be attaching a projectile, just launching it at an appropriate frame of the animation.

For that you need need to spawn a projectile and initialize its motion from a notify event on the appropriate frame of the montage.

If you mean spawn a projectile that is attached to the staff briefly before launching, do that also from a notify event, but create the notify from the AnimNotifyState class, and in the Received_NotifyBegin you spawn and attach the projectile, and in the Received_NotifyEnd you detatch it and ‘launch’ it in the appropriate direction.