How do I add a blur to objects that are close up to an actor camera (HELP)

Hey,
Right now I am currently working on a project, and with my project, I am trying to go for a realistic graphical look, which includes a blur effect when an object gets very close up to the camera (a character camera), but unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find a way to do it.
For example, take your hand, and start inching towards your eye slowly, when it gets really close, it starts to get blurry, or for another, look at these pictures I have down below from another game, the closer you get to an object, the more blurry it gets. I am looking for an effect just like that, anyways I hope someone can help!!

Best Regards, Debbie

You must add blur with Post Process material. if your check Learn Unreal, you can find it in Post Process courses.

You can add a postprocess volume to your scene. And activate the DOF (deep of field) on it, adjust the values on it to make blurr ythe objects near the camera.

With the cine camera actor, the default is to blur near objects. You can replace the first person character with a cine camera.

Could you, or someone show me the code of making it as I described it above, close up blur, etc!!
I think I know what to do other than that.
Thanks!!

It worked, Thank you!!
(For anyone else who is reading this, you will have to turn off “Aperture (F-stop)”
for your actor camera)

Here you got some images of how to get the DOF via postprocess volume:

Hope that’s help !

1 Like