How difficult is it to develop games alone?

I recently started learning ue4, I know a little bit of c++, but I’m not an artist or something. If I want to create a game I have to create models, sounds etc. How hard is it to work alone on this? How fast can I learn UE4 and use it without tutorial, because right now it feels like I’m dependent on tutorials.

«How difficult is it to develop games alone?»

The answer depend of the person. If you have skill (at least a little) in each area it can be feasible. If not you will have to sit and learn a lot. (the best for you will be to follow the advice below). But it depend a lot of how big is your project. You can always tell me what it is and I’ll tell you if I think it is feasible for a novice.

«If I want to create a game I have to create models, sounds etc»

Create 3D model/animation/VFX/sound are not impossible to make alone, but will take a lot of time if you have no experiance and you will probably found this painfull to do everything if you are not an artist in the blood. Also most of the time to get good quality you need to perfomed in one or two categories. (Some game have bad graphic but are supercool because of the gameplay, never forget this !)

If you are not an artist, you can always try to buy model/sound/VFX in the marketplace/Internert or if you have no money you can always try to use free ressources or find some artist to help you and start develop your game with this.

«How fast can I learn UE4 and use it without tutorial»

It will depend on much time you invested in UE4. The more time you will use it, the more you will feel confortable with. I suggest you to look a lot of tutorial and try thing inside the editor. After a couple of mounth or more, the majority of the thing you saw will be automatic.

Now the only thing I have to say is good luck and never forget to have fun to make a fun game!