How did Epic achieved this? (animation import problem)

I have a serious problem. In udk,in the Jazz mini game there is a Animation set called SK_SnakGib_Anims.
So this is a snake that when dead, you can see how it turns in to gibs.(its not bone break dismemberment) .
Looking at that animation, I can clearly see that bones are actually SCALING in length, but UDK does not support bone scale animation. HOW on Earth did they did that ?

I actually exported the animation from UDK> Imported in to maya and than exported as a fbx .UDK does not want to import it.
Than, the original file of the snake that I exported from UDK, without placing it in to maya, I just imported it back to udk just to check again. That way it does import BUT, the animation is not the same now. All of the gibs of the snake are rotating in one place instead of separating, which again, lets me to think that this confirms that it has to do with bone scalling not being supported.
How did Epic managed to bake such a animation of the snake gibs and import it in to UDK???
I actually wanted to make such a thing with a zombie skeleton. Here is the video from my maya scene:

In my case I made a simple skeleton, the cylinders are actually BULLET physics simulation, and after that I baked that simulation to the bones as a animation. In udk its broken and is not having the pieces being separated. Same as when I exported the snake from udk and imported it back. All of the meshes were just rotating in one place but not separating.Also tried manual animation instead of simulation bake but the result was the same.

Any ideas what Epic did in order to animate the separation of the snake gibs and then import them in to udk ?
Thank you so much for your time !!

Just wanted to say that ive found the problem.In the animset editor, Animation Rotation Only is ON by default. Has to be turned off and than in the animation compression settings select Least Destructive. Interesting enough, the speed of the animation (probably because of the 400 frames tests I did) is slower in UDK than in maya. No idea why (probably the animation compression thing I did) but you can fix it by, while still in the animset editor >go to Anim Sequence tab> and set Rate Scale to 2 or 3.

I don’t think i see the intended video (one of a snake??). The one showing on your link is of a skeleton model collapsing…

Yeah, that is why I only posted the name of the UDK file (for reference only ) called SK_SnakGib_Anims as everyone can see the animation in the editor as it was a stock mesh. The skeleton video was just me trying to do a similar animation with a custom model. Still, the problem is solved now. Now I remember that I actually knew about turning off the option called Animation Rotation Only, but have forgotten with time :smile: