How complex would this project be?

Hello, I am not a complete noob to Unreal and starting on my own serious project! I have done heaps of little games before and now I feel that I am ready for a proper build.

My idea is of a multiplayer game similar to source forts, where two teams have a building phase where they can place defenses and traps similar rust with a gridlock system. After that, both teams aim to destroy the opposing teams “power source.” Now I also to plan to have very basic classes. What are some of the hardest aspects of this project?

Obviously it being multiplayer increases difficulty, I have a basic map so far along with basic movement atm.

I am planning on paying some freelancers for part of it and want to make them develop the hardest and complex parts?

Thanks Ben

To develop this is hard as a noob but I think if you learn some unreal and make test projects you can make such game also for multiplayer.

You need to learn something like Blueprint Basics and MP Replication…

Cheers!

very hard to done gaming project with multiplayer option for noob but you can do it with hard work.

I have a large budget, that can expand as far as I need it to go. That’s why hiring freelancers would be a good option for me.

Yeah I expected the multiplayer to be quite difficult.

Kinda interested in your definition of “large budget”. If you are not able/willing to spend at least $ 1,000,000 you shouldn’t even start this project (this won’t be enough to finish it btw, but it will be enough to have a solid prototype which can be used for publisher pitches or crowdfunding). Online Multiplayer, multiple classes, building stuff - those things are very expensive to develop.

If you like to learn something about budgeting for a games project, feel free to contact me.

Cheers,
Sascha