How can Ubuntu users download assets they bought?
Until a version of the Launcher becomes available, you can:
- Install VirtualBox
- Install Windows inside it
- Install only the Launcher and minimum footprint UE4 there (probably won’t run, but you need it for assets that use “Create Project”)
- Copy over a blank project that you can use to dump assets into
- Make that project folder shared
- Once the assets have been added to it via Launcher, open it from Ubuntu UE4
- Right click on a mesh or something, Migrate, chose the Content folder of your actual project you’re working on
It’s not very convenient, but it works.