Right now, I think I have exhausted every thing in the Collision Presets of my Collision Component and it seems I can’t figure out a way to do it this way.
My projectile, currently, is capable of the following:
- Hitting a pawn, whether it’s a player or an AI.
- Passes through static meshes and BSPs
Now, I wish to make it hit a BSP or a Static Mesh because I would like to avoid adding Blocking volumes to all static mesh that I will deploy in my level. Is there a way to do this?
Verify that your static assets have collision set up properly as well.
In level be sure to set them to something like BlockAll or Do a Custom Collision and be sure your projectiles channel is set to Block.
Also make sure the Mesh asset has collision in the StaticMeshEditor. If you enable Collision at the top you should see the collision appear in the StaticMeshEditor.
Feel free to post pics of your collision settings if this does not help.
Sorry for taking time before reading this, I was working with the other parts of my project (can’t be stuck here forever). Okay so here’s how it went:
- My static meshes already have collisions and still passing through.
- I went and try to do it in the Details Panel in the Level, thanks to your comment I realized I can setup the behavior of the Static Mesh’s collisions there.
- What fixes my problem was checking the [Generate Overlap Event]
Thank you very much