How can I use a baked AO texture that doesn't rotate along the object?

I’m trying to make a set of eyeballs that has baked AO texture assigned on them so they
can have really dark shadow casted by eyelids.
and these eyeballs are going to be rigged and animated.
when I rotate the eyeball, of course the AO texture rotates with it.
Is there a way I can kinda lock the rotation of this AO texture?

To use a baked Ambient Occlusion (AO) texture that doesn’t rotate along with the object, you can apply it as a static texture rather than relying on any automatic rotation or UV mapping. Here’s a general approach you can follow:

1. Ensure your object’s UV mapping is suitable for the baked AO texture. Make sure the UV islands are properly laid out and aligned.
  2. Create a new material for your object if you haven’t already. Assign the material to the object’s mesh.
  3. In your material settings, add a new texture slot and select your baked AO texture as the input.
  4. Set the texture mapping coordinates to “UV” to use the UV coordinates of the object.
  5. Disable any texture rotation or transformation settings within the material or texture properties. This ensures the texture won’t rotate or scale automatically with the object.
  6. If necessary, adjust the scale of the texture within the material properties to match the desired size on your object.
  7. Preview and render your object to verify that the AO texture appears correctly and doesn’t rotate with the object’s rotation.