How can I take 3 parts and build them into 1?

Anyone familiar with Tranzit from BO2 and the Engine Turbine? And how you need to take 3 parts to a specific location to build them together? I’m trying to do that in my game.

For Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXJ1aYTV1gQ

I’m making a game where you have to find, collect and build 3 parts together and activate it in order to beat the game, and I wanted to do something like what BO2 did with finding parts and building them together.

Any help and suggestions would be awesome! Thanks!

Hey @AdamFabrizio!

So to break it down, there are three major parts from what I could see.

1. Collect items (adding item to inventory)
  2. “Adding” parts (removing item from inventory and updating condition variable)
  3. Perform building process (Perform animation and spawn item)

Which parts are you having trouble with? Would you mind sharing what you have so far?

Hey Quetzalcodename

Currently, I have 3 things.

1. Speaker
  2. Battery
  3. Screwdriver

The purpose for the speaker and battery is to take both of them and bring them to a specific area on the map to build them together with the screwdriver.

I intended to NOT make an inventory since I want this to be a single grab game. So Basically I would create a BP in my characters Event Graph for picking up the Speaker and Battery ONE BY ONE, make both items “Interactable” and have the character lastly (or firstly, it doesn’t depend on the order for the speaker and battery) Screw the batteries into the speaker and activate the speaker to create a loud noise.

3 parts would be the three I mentioned, but when the player screws the battery into the speaker, the mesh actors destroy themselves and spawn just a bigger version of the speaker to make it look like an audible machine.

(My game is based on being trapped in your dreams)

Hey @AdamFabrizio!

Sounds like you have it pretty figured out. When I say you need an inventory, I don’t mean a traditional inventory like you would find in an RPG. Rather, you will need a non-traditional single item inventory that keeps track of what item you currently have on hand and ensures the player can not pick up multiple items at once before drop off.

The rest can be done with an interactable blueprint script that will spawn (or simply make visible if that is the case) the item the player is “creating”.