How can i set a fixed resolution in viewport?

Hello everyone,
please forgive my ignorance since i am new here and i come from a 2d background.
This is something that is troubling me since day one.
I want to create my game with a 1920x1080 resolution.All my assets are made with that resolution in mind meaning that i created their size compared to that screen resolution.
I do not understand how resolutions work in unreal.
Every time i change my viewport size and i hit play the size of my game changes as well.
Is there a setting that i can enable inside unreal so my preview mode (when i press play) is at a fixed resolution?
Until i figure this out i do not know how my game looks!
Once i cooked my game to see how it plays from an .exe and the camera was so close i couldn’t even see my hero even though in preview mode(inside unreal) it was perfect.
Any pointers to the right direction would be greatly appreciated !

1 Like

Select your player camera > under Camera Settings enable Constrain Aspect Ratio and you’ll be able to set Aspect Ratio of your camera. Set the Width to the resolution you like and it will always constrain the screen aspect ratio to that value when you play.

1 Like

Words cannot describe how grateful i am!
Now does this mean that when i export my game the resolution will be the one i set for my camera or do i have to change that from within blueprints?

That setting only constrains the camera’s aspect ratio to 1920x1080, so it doesnt actually set the screen resolution. You’ll either have to set your game to start at that resolution or make a settings menu and let the end user choose.

Got it.
You rock!

Is it also applicable to iOS and Android devices?