How can I save a Level Blueprint to use later on another different level?

how can I save a Level Blueprint to use later on another different level or to share it?
the only thing i see is the “Replace with composite Blueprint” option but if I do that the event graphs on the blueprint becomes incompatible.?

Example, I’ve a sliding door based on this tutorial here:
it’s working ok but now I want to save it (not in the level) but in a “prefab like” to be able to export later to another level.

Why don´t you use a class Blueprint?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QByyq9UrBzU&list=PLZlv_N0_O1gaG5BW72It4chjhypxIO9ZB

yeah Class Blue print is totally different, i cannot use the same graph there is no “OnActorBeginOverlap” function as in Level Blueprint
In the class Blueprint there’s only “OnComponentBeginOverlap”
Try to make the same sliding door in the class BluePrint…

Regards

The class blueprints are really the best analogy to the prefab that you’re wanting. The OnComponentBeginOverlap and OnComponentEndOverlap nodes should work just fine for triggering the animation.

If you tried and something unexpected happened (or something expected didn’t happen), can you post a screenshot of your graph?

Edit:

Try having your trigger box as the root for your class blueprint and putting the glass as child to it (this will maintain the position of the trigger box) and then, triggered by the box’s OnComponent(Begin|End)Overlap, have the timeline set the relative location of the glass. Additionally, have the “door initial location” variable set in the ConstructionScript of your class blueprint.

Hopefully this clears up whatever problem it was giving you!

Hi, thanks for your time trying to help me:)

but Unfortunately it’s not working, if i have my trigger box as the root for my class blueprint I cannot resize, rotate or move the trigger box
I’m really new to this Blueprint thing, but I want to learn;)
here is the screen shot from the Level Blueprint (It works OK):

thanks again

Create a level with the blueprints and load in other map using stream levels.

Then if I just want to share my blueprint I must share the whole level, just because 1 blueprint?
that’s not pratical, that’s not what we want

Regards

What I usually do with my Class Blueprints is set a SceneComponent as my root component. This lets me resize components like StaticMeshComponents and BoxComponents just how I want them to look, and helps with calculations like changing position and rotation. The SceneComponent is in the Add Component dropdown under Utility. :slight_smile:

any idea how to make a sliding door to work on a class blueprint?
I wish there was more blueprints available to share… that would make the level design easier.

Something like this?

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Blueprint_Automated_Door_Tutorial

you can change the sm_glasswindows and door initial location for dummy components.

Lauren kinda already gave you the answer already, but let me expand a bit and see if that helps.

1. Make a new Class Blueprint. For your first Component, add a Scene component. This gives you access to transforms as you need them.
  2. Add a Box component. I would name it something like “Trigger,” but it’s your call.
  3. Add your door mesh(es).
  4. Resize your Box component so it looks like a nice trigger volume and overlaps the doors fairly easily.
  5. In the Box component’s collision properties, set Collision Presets to custom. Use the checkboxes to set EVERYTHING to Ignore, but then set Pawn to Overlap. (this means it’ll only work when pawns walk into it)
  6. Really, from here, it’s just like you set up in Level Script. You’re just going to select your Box Component and right click in the graph to create your BeginOverlap and EndOverlap events.

Once you’re finished, you get a modular door that you can drop anywhere.

Ah, I see what you mean about the trigger box’s transform being frozen when it’s root; I didn’t notice that.

Here’s what I’ve done; it’s working with multiple instances:

Components:

Construction Graph:

Event Graph:

I’ve set some arbitrary component (a box with collision and all that set to ignore; I don’t know if this is the best way to do this, but it works) as the root and have the glass and the trigger box both as children to the root. This let’s the glass move independent of the trigger box. I use the construction graph to initialize my glass transform variable. Finally, the event graph handles the rest as you might expect.

Let me know how it goes for you!

Here’s something I threw together. If you want to set the location of the trigger just add an addition component such as an arrow or scene component. Then you can set the relative location of the trigger as well.

Thanks a lot guys, it worked :wink:
thanks for your precious time trying to help me to understand Blueprint,
I came from Cryengine Flowgraph and i must say that for me Flowgraph is easier than Blueprint, Flowgraph has more logic, but its just me :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again guys:D

Wish granted.

Another example of excellent community interaction on the part of Epic. Nice going guys :slight_smile:

nice, but why unreal vegetation (trees, flowers, grass) looks like static plastic?

It’s all a matter of what you’re used to. Once you get used to everything in Blueprint you probably won’t want to go back :stuck_out_tongue: After these few days of playing with UE4 I can say I like it a lot more than any other engine I’ve used, and I used to be really partial to Cryengine over UDK or Unity.

Helo Everyone … Just a small input that might help alot of you …
1 . Open the level blueprint
2. Select all the Nodes and hit “Ctrl + C” to copy
3. Go back to your windows or mac and paste in any text file .
This way all the Blueprint will get converted into Code .
4. Save that text file to forever … so anytime Copy paste this text to the Level blueprint and ull have them converted back to Nodes .
5. Congrats

1 Like