How can I resolve the compile errors "C1083: cannot open include file" and "failed to produce item"?

Do you have windows sdk files ?

usually located at : %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows

if not try installing windows sdk (for windows 7):
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=8279

if you have it installed , check to see if they are added to your project

Project->References->C/C+±>Genera->Additional Include Directories

“SDK Path\Include”

and to

Project->References->Linker->General->Additional Library Directories

“SDK Path\Lib”

Hope that helps

-Cheers

Hello, i have reinstalled both UE4 and Visual Studio 2013 Professional and i cannot seem to compile it still.
I am running windows 7 64-bit.

My Build Output:
1>------ Build started: Project: MyProject2, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
1>  Parsing headers for MyProject2Editor
1>  Code generation finished for MyProject2Editor and took 17.384
1>  rc.exe MyProject2.rc
1>  PCH.MyProject2.MyProject2.h.cpp
1>C:\Users\pc user\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject2\Source\MyProject2\Resources\Windows\MyProject2.rc(11): fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'windows.h'.
1>  
1>C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.0\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\PlatformIncludes.h(8): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'new': No such file or directory
1>  -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\pc user\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject2\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-MyProject2.dll
1>  Cumulative action seconds (8 processors): 0.00 building projects, 2.07 compiling, 0.00 creating app bundles, 0.00 generating debug info, 0.00 linking, 0.00 other
1>  UBT execution time: 26.70 seconds
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.0\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" MyProject2Editor Win64 Development "C:\Users\pc user\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject2\MyProject2.uproject" -rocket" exited with code -1.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Hello, thanks for your reply. Okey, i have found i have the SDK stuff:

However i can’t find
SDK Path\Include.
or
SDK Path\Lib.

however i can’t see the ‘linker’ or find any of the other stuff after hunting.:

Looking further, i think this is it:

These are all fresh installs. I am also confused that it can’t find windows.h…

Ah, i have found the Lib and Include, just gonna try them now, thanks.

Now im getting these errors:

you are referencing a older version of windows.h

I came back home from work and actually looked at the code, the project seems to be referencing

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um\WIndows.h

so check to see if you have windows kit installed of not, you can get it from

just installing it should work

Okey, i got it installed a tad earlier.

Getting these errors now:

1>------ Build started: Project: MyProject, Configuration: DebugGame_RocketGame x64 ------
1> PCH.MyProject.MyProject.h.cpp
1>c:\program files\unreal engine\4.0\engine\source\runtime\core\public\Windows/WindowsPlatformAtomics.h(116): error C2039: ‘InterlockedCompareExchange128’ : is not a member of ‘`global namespace’’
1>c:\program files\unreal engine\4.0\engine\source\runtime\core\public\Windows/WindowsPlatformAtomics.h(116): error C2660: ‘FWindowsPlatformAtomics::InterlockedCompareExchange128’ : function does not take 4 arguments
1> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\pc user\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Binaries\Win64\MyProject-Win64-DebugGame.exe
1> Cumulative action seconds (8 processors): 0.00 building projects, 37.51 compiling, 0.00 creating app bundles, 0.00 generating debug info, 0.00 linking, 0.00 other
1> UBT execution time: 40.95 seconds
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command ““C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.0\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” MyProject Win64 DebugGame “C:\Users\pc user\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject” -rocket” exited with code -1.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I can compile in the studio now, but only on the Shipping one, not any of these:

When i try to open the project in the Unreal Project Browser i seem to get this error:

Thanks!

Okey, i will try installing that one. Thanks! I shall reply this evening (off to college right now)