How Can I Prevent Crashes Using UE4 With My Setup (AMD & Nvidia)

I have been using UE4 for a few years now but only recently was able to switch from a Laptop to a PC Rig

I’ve had Issues with UE4 before but I thought it was always just the limitation of my Laptop. Now, that I have a good Rig I thought UE4 should run smoothly however I’m getting constant crashes no matter what version I use!

UE4 crashes often and randomly (unknown error) and sometimes the crash corrupts the entire Project. The corrupted Project then continues to crash on Startup without any way to recover anything. In the worst cases the entire PC crashes with a blue Error screen. I’ve had these kind of problems with other programs too but Unreal seems to have the most issues.

I was wondering If there might be something wrong with my rig so here’s my Setup:

• Windows 10

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

• AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor

• 32GB RAM

If there are other information I should provide let me now and I’ll add it to the list.

Nonetheless I thought these were pretty good specs or am I missing anything? I appreciate any help. I’ve had this problem for a long time now and it seems to get worse every time I get back to it. At the moment I’m at a point where UE4 is not usable anymore.

Thanks for the help!