How can i play a random animation of my choosing on a skeletal mesh inside a blueprint?

Hi,

Ive been trying to figure this out for some time now with no success. I dont come from a programming background but i have fair competence in UE4.

Im trying to place skeletal meshes, playing random animations from an array, along a spline.

I got halfway there following this tutorial - Studying Spline Components In Unreal Engine 4

No matter what i do, none of the nodes within the BP will allow me to attach a “play animation sequence” onto a skeletal mesh.

Any ideas here?

im not sure how animation blueprints would work for me here? I dont need all of the control involved.

Ill post my BP below. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Array of animations if you need control or play random sequence in animbp.

Hey Reaper,

Thanks for responding.

Im not quite sure I understand. Maybe im making it more difficult than it has to be? Is the function im making not necessary. A part of me thinks i can do this on the top level. Ive added an array of animations and im trying to pull from them. But i did not place them into my scene… Im also trying to avoid using the sequencer and just spawn the sequence itself at a specific location alone the spline.

Im all ears if you have any other advice. in the mean time im going to look into this process you mentioned above.

Thanks