How can i make physics constraint more stable and tight?

have an object, and this object has a door. I want the door to be a physical object and be opened by moving the mouse. I have a grabbing system based on a physical handle from this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6oKBVRaLLo&t=2s
The door is rotating, but it is also swinging up and down and side to side, and it doesn’t look like the door is on a solid hinge.

Here video DropMeFiles – free one-click file sharing service

Try this under your mesh:

I assume you want to lock position totally. Unless you want to be able to move the door (break, fall off… etc).

As for rotation, you would have to do it manually. I haven’t played with it much, but probably something in the tick, where you would just clamp it to some value. Not a fan of the Tick logic, but this is the first thing that crosses my mind.

Wow, I struggled with it for a week, and the solution is this simple. When I lock the X rotation or set the mode to X-Y plane, it now works just as I wanted. I forgot to mention that I’m using a physics constraint component, and it probably caused the swinging. Now it reacts to grabbing a little slower, but it’s not a problem. The main thing is that it’s now not swinging. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.