How can I make my character affected by physics?

Hey never noticed your response, and here I am still trying to fix these problems. I think I’ve been trying to stretch character movement component past it’s intended limits, but maybe my struggles can help inform a future update, or maybe you can even help me somehow.

I have tried what you mentioned, main problem is that dynamic objects defer to character movement component always, and love to bounce off like beach balls. To try and stop this I created a static mesh that transported itself to exact location of dynamic mesh so that it couldn’t bounce it away. problem with that was then i had to create a faux collision system out of AddImpulse() which still had me clipping through object sometimes, and messed with some other things like cloth effects. closest I could get was to give static mesh a SetVelocity() and copy dynamic object’s movements. This worked perfectly, except that once z velocity was high enough (from falling) I wouldn’t be able to walk on that object anymore. I tried creating a dynamic object with a child component that blocked and didn’t simulate physics, but child seemed to effect floating pawn movement anyways.

I keep getting so close to making engine do what I want, and that’s been incredibly frustrating. I think there’s a big flaw in having character-movement ignore physics (I don’t know many games since before 90’s that don’t have “dynamic” objects effecting character). Maybe I’m missing something but I’ve looked everywhere and tried so many things.