How can I make mouse hover and gamepad hover work differently?

Hi,
I am creating a character select screen and I want the mouse hover and gamepad hover to work differently. I want the mouse hover just to highlight the character icon button but only change the character model when I click the LMB. For the controller I want the character model to change as I navigate through the character icon buttons.
What I am doing in the image below works fine, but if I enter the screen using the gamepad and then switch to mouse it still keeps the change character on hover behavior.
Or if I enter the screen using the mouse and switch to gamepad it keeps the change character on click behavior.
I was wondering if there is a way to allow the change of input device to work seamlessly or there is a better way to do this.
Thanks in advance.

I think you will need 2 custom events, where the hover checks for the gamepad and if true, calls the clicked custom event. The clicked event click - just clicks.

You could bind an event to the change of Has Any User Focus . Of course the management of this logic will be left to your implementation. This node will give you if the button is focused (usually by a controller).

1 Like

Thanks a lot, it worked!