How can I make camera automatically change its location ,so that it would adjust to the models of different size?

If the object is a BP with cameras in it, then they will be taken into account, otherwise it’s just the mesh :slight_smile:

I don’t buy it, why not just:

As originally suggested:

Image from Gyazo

Chunky boyo be floatin’. Dunno why.

What if the characters have different sacle? Will they appear the same in the viewport? And why can’t I find “event possessed”, it doesn’t look like a custom event.

What if the characters have different sacle?

This is with different scale, as seen with the boyos of different sizes in the animation above - is that not you’re after?

Will they appear the same in the
viewport?

They will appear scaled as you scaled them. You wanted to adjust the camera location, right? This automates it.

And why can’t I find “event
possessed”, it doesn’t look like a
custom event.

It’s in the Pawn / Character. It’s called automatically when you Possess.

306395-annotation-2020-07-07-055819.jpg

Yes, you are right. I didn’ t see the animation at first, sorry. Camera boom is the Springarm, right? I still haven’t figured out its connection with the camera yet, do I need to tweak it somehow?(add a camera component under it or anything)

It’s the same as in the 3rd person template, springarm + camera.

Technically, you do not need to use a springarm like ClockworkOcean demonstrated. But it’s useful for so many things.

I run into another problem with it, the script worked perfectly in the TPS, but my scenario is an empty space with no basic gamemode, I create an actor class blueprint (as mesh container) and make it self-rotate in a certain pattern with timeline to set the rotation, therefore I have to possess the camera in the level outside the blueprint to look at it(otherwise the camera will rotate too).How will the script work in this situation?

So no individual actor possession here.

I’d move the orbiting camera to the actor, check its mesh size is and adjust the arm. This way you do not need to possess anything or have multiple cameras.

So lets say you have 1 Pawn with a camera and want to move between objects with various sizes with a mouse click:

Image from Gyazo

But how to make the camera in the blueprint stay static while the mesh is rotating (because have to see mesh’s 360)? Also I don’t know how to see the view of the camera within the blueprint when I play the simulation.

It 's close ,actually I only need to see one object from different angle.Only that object can be one of many different mesh.

You can add this to your actor:

Image from Gyazo

You could even start the rotation only when the actor is clicked, rather than have it all go dizzy all the time.

Also I don’t know how to see the view
of the camera within the blueprint
when I play the simulation.

Possess the Pawn with the camera as suggested below, or Set View Target With Blend if you want to switch to any other camera.

The rotation is not very simple ,which is why I have to use timeline to set the rotation.

Same here, I am using the same actor but with many different meshes… Here’s the ugly from Construction Script of the actor above:

Yes i did something like this,too.Just didn’t know what to do with the camera, they want it to be universal and easy…>.<

So use the timeline. You can have a timeline in the pawn that controls selected object, or have each object use its own timeline.

What does it have to do with camera location?

It would all be much easier & faster if you explained what was needed in the first place :slight_smile: Remember this:

@ClockworkOcean

Can you be more specific? I mean, the
camera already does adjust with F to
size of object.

He knew you’d be up to something funky. :wink:

I need to see the object from differnt angle in the viewport, therefore I need to either change one camera’s location and rotation or have 3 or more camera set and switch between them.

I don’t get it. What is stopping you from rotating the camera? Or rotating the object? Or switching between cameras.

In the pawn with the camera this will give you 6 angles, for example:

306527-annotation-2020-07-08-125743.jpg

An example of how can you switch camera components inside an actor:

You can add as many as necessary.