How can I make a Third Person shooter with blueprints in UE4?

I can’t find a tutorial so the Title says all :D.

You can’t find a Tutorial for that, because there won’t be a Tutorial to make your full game.
Break the Game into pieces and try to search for parts of it.

Settings up Weapons, Shooting, Movement, etc. Then you will find tutorials.

All what I need to get out with from this thread is making the “[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Movement”.

Edit: I am having problems because the 3rd person template is using a 1D blend-space

What kind of movement would you like to create? -> e.g take a look at the couch knight demo, there they use a 2d blendspace + use the prototype animations from the marketplace (they are free) :slight_smile:

I want to make a 3rd person shooter movement (Strafe Right/Left Walk Forward/Backward without rotating the character) and I will see the assets. :slight_smile:

On the Third-Person Character blueprint, go to the Defaults tab I believe it is, may have to select the Mesh or Collision Sphere, and deselect Orient Rotation to camera yaw ?

It moves in all directions without rotation but all the animations (Strafe Right/Left and Walk Forward/Backward) are the same (Forward Animation)

For different animations, you would need to do different BlendSpaces on the Animation Blueprint. There are tutorials for just that subject out there.

I can make blend spaces but I can’t find any animations with UE4’s base skeleton

Then you will need to make the animations for the strafing or download them from somewhere else and import them into your game.

I use mixamo but it’s animations doesn’t use the base skeleton of UE4

So change out the UE4 character with 1 of the mixamo characters in your player controller

How do I do this?

There is an easier way. <== Click that link. Follow the tutorial describing just what you want to do. Elaborate on it.

Then dazzle us with your creation when its ready.

Thank you everyone for answering! :o

Guys I have huge problem , when i create new project of 3rd person character after loading is completes engine crashes i search a lot but didnt found any solution,any one of you guys have any solution or suggestion on it , i am new in Unreal , I am using UE 4.14.3 ver.
Please help me ,its annoying when got that kind of problem.

Guys I have huge problem , when i create new project of 3rd person character after loading is completes engine crashes i search a lot but didnt found any solution,any one of you guys have any solution or suggestion on it , i am new in Unreal , I am using UE 4.14.3 ver.
Please help me ,its annoying when got that kind of problem.Snapshot_1.png

Do your computer meet the requirements for Unreal engine?

Anyway this is not the discussion about problems…

How do we make a singular world game?

Firt if that is your first game in unreal, do not do multiplayer. Adding multi is about doubling work needed for code part of game.

Then any shooter can besplit into 3 parts:

• player, weapon selection, shooting etc
  • enemy ai,
  • enviroment, maps art etc.

So start with first part do well player, shooting and gameplay, use some static dummy meshes as targets, do not bother yeat with maps etc. Make good code for this part.