How can I make a blueprint for recognizing crafting recipe shapes in a 3d game world?

Can someone advise me or help me figure out how to create a Blueprint for recognizing a shape within a 5x5x5 (x,y,z) rubix cube-like grid area for crafting?

What I am trying to do is kinda like the minecraft crafting system for several different recipes but instead of being flat and done through the player inventory I want to do it in the 3d game world on a platform.

I have been looking around, watching tuts, doing test attempts for a few weeks now but still no luck yet…

I am thinking maybe I could do this with some arrays set to recognize set series of shapes grouped under a t-array maybe?

Any ideas?

This is one of many tutorials! ->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ot5udsHFVw
Hope it helps! :wink:

Thanks, didn’t see that one yet, I’ll give it a try! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome
Hope it’s what you’re searching for!
If you have any questions don’t doubt in sending a message I will try to reply to it, as fast as I can! :wink:

Okay, it’s close to what I am looking for but, not quite and at least it’s a step in the right direction so I think what I am going to do is just create a separate project to hold that one for testing purposes and then attempt to play around with it more from there after following it through the rest of the way to see if if I can figure out how to modify it from what he has into what I want to do with it.

My problem with it is that he has it as a crafting system through a menu whereas I want mine to be blocks that are placeable within a 5x5x5 (x,y,z) grid visually in the game world on a platform as the crafting area. Perhaps I can figure it out though somehow with it or at least I am going to try anyways lol.