How can i lock the language change in widget?

Hello, how can i make player use only one language while player writing message in widget? Without the possibility of changing ofc.

I don’t think UE can override the operating system’s input, but you can only allow certain symbols in your text boxes. For instance, by doing something like this:

Hope it makes sense what’s going on there. If not, don’t hesitate to ask about anything.

Edit: I don’t know if there’s a native way to mask strings via blueprints, I couldn’t find anything about it.

I’m actually curious what you mean by this. Can you produce an example? As in, I can no longer type in English and must use Danish instead? So the word bread is not accepted but brød is?

I assume you’re after forcing a language restriction in a chat? You’d need to compare each word against a dictionary I guess. In which case you could load a dictionary into a data table and fetch-compare onCommited’s results and then reject / ignore them.

But you can’t possibly mean what I think you mean…

I assume you’re after forcing a language restriction in a chat? - yes, almost right.
Player open the widget and can type in only one language, that’s all i mean.
But i believe there is another way, maybe just lock the buttons on the keyboard?

Thank you, that helped!