How can I get Twinmotion to recognize the middle or scroll wheel buttons of my 3DConnexion Cadmouse?

I have just started into trying Twinmotion and I have a 3DConnexion cadmouse. Even though the 3DConnexion system prefs for the mouse have the middle button and scroll buttons at their default setting (2D mouse, click), neither of them active the pan function. In contrast, the right mouse button does activate the 'look around' view mode.

I have adjusted all the obvious settings but nothing seems to get those mouse buttons to work as Twinmotion tutorials say they should. If anyone has advice on how to correct this it would be great to know. Thanks!

Hello ,

Thank you for posting in the community and sorry to hear about the issue. I assume you checked that you had the latest drivers for the 3DConnexion? If you are still having this problem, there could be some limitation or a bug and we would need to investigate this further with you and would need you to submit a bug by using the [ contact us ] button from the home page or by following this link:

https://twinmotionhelp.epicgames.com/s/case-community-page

Kind regards,

Vincent B.

Hello Epic Games,

is there any solution for this problem in the meantime? I use the Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 Small and have now the same problem. I cannot activate the pan function.

thanks, ulrike

Hi ,

I'm definitely using the most current 3DConnection driver. I've also done the usual restarts of all software and the computer, just to make sure it's not an occasional hiccup that could be solved by that. The issue is still present and is not Twinmotion file-specific. Also, the middle and scroll buttons do their default actions in my main design software (Vectorworks) so as far as I can tell the mouse and computer and communicating correctly. I will go ahead and submit a bug so this can be investigated.

Thanks,

-Neil