How Can I Get Rid of the Rectangle at the End of a Line Trace?

oh, really?
Darn.
what’s a beam particle?

Beam particle is a special type of particle which has a starting point and an end point. Perfect for a laser. Plenty of tutorials available.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ue4+laser+beam

I’m trying to make a disruptor rifle like in Jedi Knight II & 3, and I’m cheating at doing a laser by drawing a red, visible line trace with the collision color set to transparent.
Is it possible to get rid of the little rectangle at the end of the line, so that it looks more laser-y?

Probably in code but it’s easier to just make a beam particle in that case. Also are you aware that linetraces are visible in development builds only?

Even if you get rid of the square, the line trace debug wont work in a packaged game…

OK, Thanks! I got the beam particle working and looking much nicer than the old line trace!

Answer: IDK if it’s possible, but it doesn’t matter for lasers because linetraces don’t show up anyway outside of a development environment (just as a shortcut so that this question has an answer and people don’t ahve to read through all the comments). Thank you, ClockworkOcean and MMMarcis!