How can I get my Character to start outside of the new atmosphere (in space)?

Hey guys,

I’m working on a small personal project and I am having some trouble getting the character to spawn on play.

The character will always snap to 0,0,0 co-ordinates, even after placing down a player start. And trying to manually teleport or set location in blueprint, it has no effect. I have a feeling it is because the spawning coodiates are in the millions as the atmosphere spheres are quite big. It would be great if anyone has a fix for this. Very easy to recreate, just start any project template, make a new level with the Time of day map, (set atmosphere radius to 300) fly out of the sphere and try and start the game. the player instantly snaps back to 0,0,0 this is frustrating since my level is built in “space”

Do you want to have a “space” or not? If this is not the case, you should first place a few lights.

I’m sorry, Maybe I didn’t make myself clear. I have already set up the atmosphere component correctly. I am just having a problem with the player starting location. I want it to start on a platform in “Space”. but when I click play, it teleports it down to the planet which is 0,0,0. I cant move the planet since I am using the new SkyAtmosphere component in 4.24.

I wanted to achieve a realistic-looking space outside of a space station scene, but when pressing play, the player gets instantly teleported to 0,0,0 no matter where i place the player start. I have tried setting up a blueprint to teleport the player to the co-ordinates, but this also doesn’t work, and I am unfamiliar with blueprint to know how to properly set this up.

as you can see in the screenshot, The player start is millions of units away and i think that might be the problem. I just want to know if it is possible to teleport a player this far away after starting the game, or getting the player start to work at this distance. The background is not a skybox, it is a sphere mesh within the new SkyAtmosphere components radius.

If so you can create a new game mode and a player controller where you spawn the player manually.

I add the function graphs of my game:

I hope this would help

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks