How can I get modular skeletal meshes working in Unreal?

Hello! I am pretty new to Unreal Engine. I have been looking at cool unreal projects since I was younger but have only recently attempted making my own projects. I’m a comp-sci major and do have some coding experience and am more than okay with getting my hands dirty to learn more. Right now I am in the midst of developing a character creation system to use for my IPs. I am utilizing the Assembly modular character plugin on the Unreal marketplace(Assembly: Modular Character Creator in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace
) to help with this. That is all working fine and well and I am able to follow the documentation, YT tutorials, or ask questions on the discord. So do note I have attempted to find a solution elsewhere. My question is how can I create modular assets/skeletal meshes working for actors in UE? Quite similar to this asset:(Stylized Character Kit: Casual 01 in Characters - UE Marketplace
) I imported, exported .fbx from Blender of the various parts of the model like face, hair, clothes, etc. I scaled correctly out of Blender and all and the assets appeared in the editor. I was told to make sure all the imported .fbx share the same skeleton and I thought I did but it just didn’t work… I apologize if that is inconclusive lol but note I am still new to UE and don’t quite even know how to articulate what is failing. I am fine with manipulating the models in the VROID program to get varied character assets, I’m fine with getting them into Blender but something is not coming together when I import them to Unreal. Any guidance is MUCH appreciated, any push in the right direction to a tutorial would be absolutely wonderful. I am reading through the Persona documentation in the editor, still looking for help though.

Are you exporting the whole mesh? Sometimes blender only exports the assets selected so maybe try that?

The point is not to export the whole mesh. The point is to export the separated parts of the original model. Also, I’m pretty sure it’s the opposite in Blender everything is exported unless selected otherwise.