How can I generate Hit events without having my bullet actually collide with the wall?

I need to get the normal vector of the wall when I come in contact with it. The only way I’ve figured out how to do that is to use a Hit event. The only way I’ve found to make the hit events work is to “simulate physics” and make the two “block” each other.

I also need the bullet to go through the wall, not colliding with it, yet giving me the normal vector of the wall as if it did collide with it.

How do I do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Use overlap events instead. They also generate a HitResult.

Your bullet overlaps with everything that it should be able to pierce.

When the bullet overlaps with these types of elements, check if it should stop or not, if not just let it be, if yes just stops its movement component and destroy it.

Hey, thanks, but I can’t find the HitResult. Does it look like a navy node? Am I using the wrong Overlap event?

I may be wrong, but I believe you may want the “ComponentBeginOverlap” not the actor one. I am pretty the component one will give you hit results.

Okay, that works great, thank you!

Actually, I’m not getting the normal info correct, but another source said that it’s impossible to get it natively with blueprinting and without editing source files, so I guess it can’t be helped.
I’m getting a HitResult node, just the normals are returning 0,0,0.