How Can I fix this Problem?

Although there was no such problem in Blender, I noticed something like this in Unreal Engine 5.

1 Like

It’s your UVs, you can fix them in Blender, or use the modelling tools in UE ( box project ).

I didn’t have this problem in blender, UV Normal in Blender

IN UE4 there was an option in the material to Use Full Precision UVs. Maybe there is the same/similar option in UE5 you can try?

Just put the world grid material on the mesh and see what it looks like :slight_smile:

what do you mean with “world grid material” ?

I tried that but :frowning:

on blender

Sorry it didn’t help. I occasionally had somewhat similar issues where the option fixed it. Do you have very long thin triangles in your mesh? If so maybe retriangulating it might help. Good luck!

Yup, that bit you’ve outlined shows the UV are incorrect.

this problem only happens in unreal engine. the second screenshot i took is from blender. anyway i managed to solve this problem by playing with UV in unreal engine. but i have a new problem, the lights don’t illuminate these materials, very strange

The reason why it wasn’t working in engine, is because Blender the UVs were a bit off in Blender :slight_smile:

Can you show a pic of the light problem? What’s your lighting setup?

first let me show you my “export” settings

by the way, I keep getting these two problems. the solution is “recalculate inside/outside” in blender, but I still get the problem

1 Like

So that’s a point light? What’s the intensity? ( It has a very small radius ).

no matter what kind of light I try, it’s still the same, I tried spotlight, sunlight (all extremely bright), after I fixed UV in unreal engine, I started to encounter this problem. by the way, how can I solve this “has nearly zero bi-normals” problem and “has degenerate tangent bases” problem?

Ok, that’s not going to help either :slight_smile:

How are you making the model? Why not just used scaled cube for the wall?

here is my modeling method

Right. But then you need

and

Fixed, thanks you :slight_smile:

1 Like