How can I fix the "does not have a valid matching component" warning?

I know it’s just a warning but I’d like to take care of it if possible. I read the patch notes that addresses the warning but it didn’t seem helpful has to how to fix it. Maybe I just can’t read. Thanks for your help

Did you ever get a fix for this? I’m getting this error as well.

I expect the answer to this depends on the details of the situation, but I just ran into this warning on some events tied to widget buttons, and the fix was to turn on the “Is Variable” setting on the buttons that were supposed to trigger the events. (As far as I can tell, widget elements have to be visible as variables within the event graph in order for them to trigger events, even if you don’t refer to those variables for any other purpose. So it might not be “just a warning”, it might indicate that your interactable UI elements won’t actually do their jobs.)

341550-isvar.png

I just got this warning when upgrading from 4.24 to 4.26.

It looks like >4.24 warns about having control events, such as button clicks, ‘orphaned’, i.e. set an event for the Click, then delete the button and leave the Event handler in place. Deleting the event handler fixes this as well.