How can I evaluate an environment's performance?

I’m having trouble finding game suitable environments on the store. Most don’t have demos, and those that do seem to be playing some sort of resolution game, where I think they are running below native res?

I’ll bring up the MSI after burner over to check. If it looks blurry, I think they are running below native res? But I’m not 100% sure.

I might not care as long as it looks good, but… plop down a character or overlay a UI and it will instantly be a problem.

As a baseline I’m looking for environments that can run on a 3080 at 4k @45 fps. (no dlss). Does anyone have any tips or tricks that might be helpful looking for these?

1 Like

If anyone is curious. The strange effect I’m seeing is due to “display scaling.” Which is usually only turned on for 4k displays. (It’s supposed to just make text larger).

It doesn’t happen on my builds, but for whatever reason, some of the marketplace demos are affected by it. It does indeed cause the engine to render at a lower resolution and then scale it up.

On the plus side, almost none of the market place builds run with dlss, so that sort of evens things out.

1 Like