How can I enable collision on a cable actor?

I’ve dragged a cable actor in to my scene. I’ve attached it to the bottom chair through the editor and attached it to the top chair by moving the actor within the level blueprint (I couldn’t find a better way of doing this). The problem is: as you can see from the screenshot, the cable goes right through the table even though collision is enabled (block all) on the table.

How can I set it so that the cable goes around the table instead?

You can’t enable collision for in-built cable component because this component doesn’t support collisions but you can another cable plugin:

For future reference to anyone who needs the help. You CAN enable collision first you go to the collision settings and set to block all or whatever you are wanting. Then for some reason you also have to check the box in the cable settings that says “Allow collision” then the cable will have collision elements.

8 Likes

For future reference to anyone who needs the help. You CAN enable collision first you go to the collision settings and set to block all or whatever you are wanting. Then for some reason you also have to check the box in the cable settings that says “Allow collision” then the cable will have collision elements.

1 Like