How can I distribute the game?

Pretty high level and dumb question, but I can cook and package my project, but how can I actually give it to someone to install? I gave the directory to a different computer to test on and got complaints of missing DLLs and even after I tried to install them, still no luck. I can think how Steam does it, and that I could come up with a MSI installer or something, but how do I know what VC++ Redistributables I might need etc? Anything in UE4 that helps me there?

I’ve read through this link: Packaging Unreal Engine Projects | Unreal Engine Documentation and I see some clues, but nothing really past packaging that I can see what would be easiest and cleanest.

Thanks so much for any help.

This is something we have planned to improve for a near future release. Our goal is to make it so that the packaging process places the required redistributables in a location where you can easily include them with your installation method of choice. For now, on Windows platform, you’ll need to make sure the user has the June 2010 DirectX Runtime installed as well as the the Visual C++ 2013 Redist. On Mac platform, no redistributes should be needed. If you are using third party features beyond those included ‘in the box’, there may be other requirements of course.

–Mike

Has this been addressed and implemented in the latest 4.7 builds of UE4? If so, how would I distribute the game?

I think they are in [Engine Version]\Engine\Extras\Redist\[Locale] (for example “4.7\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us”) now