How can I distort images in Widgets

So I am trying to do something similar to Mother 3’s Unused Final Boss Battle (Link : Mother 3 - Final Battle: *Lucas Vs The Masked Man* (w/ Unused Backgrounds & Cutscenes) - YouTube )
Problem is I have no idea how to distort the image! Can anyone help me out here? T.I.A ~
P.S. I am mainly trying to get something like the third part of the video with the colored drawing of Claus, though I want to get any other similar ones as well!

Wow! Thanks for the quick response! I will try my best to do then whenever I am able to and post an update! Thanks again! ~

Update : I tried and I couldn’t really produce any good results from it, though I did certainly learn some interesting stuff out of this video! I still thank you for trying to help! ~

Something like this is best done in material which can then be easily and efficiently displayed in a widget. For example:

It was just an example. Materials are a complex beast and not easy to wrap one’s mind around.

Considering marking the vid you linked with a timestamp so folks know precisely which effect you’re after. As currently…

something
like the third part of the video with
the colored drawing of Claus

I don’t know who Claus is and refuse to watch 20mins to find out ;p And there seems to more than a dozen of different distortions in that trippy thing :slight_smile:

This way you’re more likely to get a nuanced, accurate answer rather than a generic vid I linked.

Here the video should now start at the time stamp Mother 3 - Final Battle: *Lucas Vs The Masked Man* (w/ Unused Backgrounds & Cutscenes) - YouTube Sorry! I had forgot to add a timestamp by mistake!