How can i delete initial Level of my Blank project?

In 5+ versions for unspoken reasons devs chose to fill Blank(meaning empty, clear of everything) project template with large Landscape with mountains, Lights, Sky and stuff:

Sadly, there is no option to create really BLANK(at least with just a lights) project, but that not even a problem.
The problem is - it remains in my game whether i want it or not, and even more - it opens first EVERY time i launch my project in UE5, even when i have my own levels already created. Annoying to say the least.

That level we got, is not displayed anywhere in Content Browser, and not possible to rightclick on it in World Outliner and track it’s physical location on disc so i could delete it.

How can i rid off that thing?

Or

Btw You can create a blank with new level

1 Like

It doesn’t exist in the project, it exists in the engine. It won’t get packaged with your project unless you explicitly add it the list of maps to include in packaged build option in the packaging section of the project settings.

1 Like

Ah, i see. Thanks for clarifying that.

I thought when i’m in my Level, and clicking ‘Build All’ - it builds not just my levels but that Default Mountains as well.

Anyway what can i do in order to make open my last level of my project instead of that?

It is an option in editor preferences, the red line

1 Like

Nope. It does’nt work :crying_cat_face:

That’s very strange, after saving your map you have reopened it and saved it again, maybe if you don’t open it it won’t be saved as last opened.

It suddenly worked after i restarted Epic Launcher(unintentionally, by rebooting PC).

And then second thing i noticed which just blowed my mind, so confusing:
Editor Preferences are not Editor Preferences actually, that is project-like attached settings. Meaning it does not save whatever i setup for IDE itself, which is some kind of nonsense.

After some research i got the situation: Let's FINALLY fix Editor Preferences in UE5 - #10 by midgunner66

Glad that i found out that at the early stage, when i just started using Unreal Engine. Just don’t adjust any settings, keep everything as default, since none of that will be saved anywhere.

Editor Preferences are Editor Preferences of that project and that’s fine. LoadLevelonStarup is not something you want to have in all your projects.
When you create a project you extend the engine and inherit everything that is by default but then each project has its unique needs.
If you want something in another project you can use it, for most people you are going to work on one project at a time so it is not normal to have to do that a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.