My android project works fully in the editor and mobile preview but for some reason started crashing on the device. How can i find the cause?
Thank you for your report. We were not able to investigate this on the engine version you reported, but there have been many version changes to UE4 since this question was first posted. With a new version of the Engine comes new fixes and it is possible that this issue has changed or may no longer occur. Due to timetable of when this issue was first posted, we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported in the current engine version, then please respond to this message with additional information and we will investigate as soon as possible. If you are experiencing a similar, but different issue at this time, could you please submit a new report for it.
I do not understand how a post like this is closed with this answer. This is a legit question on how to debug a crashed application which applies to every engine version. I think the generic template message should not be used to close this one
If you would like to debug your android project, there are a few things that you can do.
If you are looking for your log files. You can find them with the following method. If your project crashes on the device your logs will get thrown in here.
- Got to start (in windows) > Type “monitor” (no quotations)
- Add a filter to find the logs
More general debugging tips:
Reproduce the issue and remove any extraneous factors until you have narrowed down what is causing the problem
Research/lookup similar issues
If you would like assistance I would be more than happy to help. Could you answer the following?
- What version of the engine are you using?
- Are you using the binary or the source version of the engine?
- What type of android device exactly are you using? (Example: Samsung Galaxy S5 I9505)
- What version of it’s operation system is it running?
- Can you reproduce this issue on a clean project?
- If so, can you provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you elaborate more on when and how the project crashes on the device. (Information such as: Does in crash immediately on start up? Does it crash after preforming a certain action? Does it crash seemingly randomly or at fixed points?)
- Do you receive any error messages?
- If so, could you provide them?
- Could you provide screen shots of the crash or what may be causing the crash?
- Have you been able to successfully run a project on the device before?
- If so, have you made any changes to the editor or mobile device?
- If not, could you double check the settings that you are using to launch to the mobile device?
- Are you launching straight to the device via the “Launch button” in the editor or packaging it out and installing it on to the device?
We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.