How can I crop a widget?

This may not be in the correct category. My apologies if it isn’t. I’m unsure where to put this.

I’m trying to make a virtual concert and I’m wanting to run everything for the screens on one widget. The widget is the size of two 16:9 screens stacked on top of each other.

The wall screen should have the top half of the widget, and the floor screen should have the bottom.

How would I go about doing this? The wall screen is cut perfectly, but I can’t get the floor screen to show only the bottom of the widget. I could hide the top of the widget behind the wall screen, but I’d prefer not to do that.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

1 Like

You can ask containers to clip the content:

Thanks for the response, but I don’t think this answers my question fully. I’m just wanting to show only the bottom half of the widget on one surface, and the top half on another. I don’t want to clip the widget itself.

Are the surfaces different meshes or are you OK showing it on a single L-shaped mesh.

How familiar are you with retainer widgets?

They are different meshes, but it could work to make an L-shaped mesh.

I have not experimented with retainer widgets yet.

Just bumping to see if anyone has an idea of how I could do this? Is it maybe possible to put a widget on a material and I can crop with UV mapping?

Yes, with a retainer. Sorry, did not have enough time to answer in detail.

If you make an L-shape mesh, you probably wouldn’t need it anyway. Worth trying.

How would I go about doing this with a retainer or an L-shaped mesh? I’ve tried on my own but I’m having difficulty figuring it out.