How can I create a sticky ball

Hi I have a simple panel I can pick up and move around and a ball that I can let fall to the ground on a button press. I am trying to set it up so that when I release the ball it can stick to the panel for two seconds then fall to the ground. What I am trying to do while it is stuck to the panel is still be able to move the panel around the map with the ball stuck to it. I tried setting up the below BP.

d450ec940f3c6a3000b0479ca59884388e856f22.jpeg

The only problem is the panel spins out of control and heads to the floor when the ball sticks no matter what attach type I use. Then I tried turning off physics for the ball using this BP.

But that seems to turn off physics for the panel also so they both become stuck in mid air and I can’t control the panel at all. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Does anyone know if this is even possible?

On hit event set physics enabled to off?

Or really spike up its linear dampening so it would take a lot of force to move. Like it weights a lot.

That was the second thing I tried and it doesn’t work. It turns off the Physics on the panel and I need it turned on so I can move it.

Thats a good idea and I tried that after I posted this question but because the ball has weight (and it needs to for the game) it doesn’t matter how much I increase the linear dampening the panel still spirals to the floor. A lot slower but I still loose control of it. This does seem to be a tricky problem to resolve.

You can also apply a physics material to it to really cut out bounce and such.

FOR ANYONE ELSE that stumbled onto this.

In your first screenshot, you simply have the Target and Parent backwards.