How can I create a saddle that can alter the Dino's BP values?

I don’t know the length of the arrays of attackinfo for dino’s, or how they’re set up in the bigger picture, but in essence what I was saying was to create a Make DinoAttackInfo Struct node and set the values you want in that, then replace the struct you’re wanting to change at the index you got it from, how to do that part exactly, I couldn’t say at this time - I don’t have the DevKit open at the moment as I’m working in Maya and attempting to fix UV maps Maya utterly ruined :|.

But, you may also be better off waiting for the 222.1 update to the DevKit, as Drake said they added/expanded functions for buffs and I believe insinuated there would be an example of this on the Giganoto for buffs they used on it… if that will help you solve what you’re doing, I don’t know. It’s worth a wait and look though I think.

-WM
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I guess I’m better with waiting for the update and then checking again. Perhaps there are lots of cool buffs I can work with more easily than “wasting” my time on trying to figure this out. Then again I’ve learned a lot in the past few days and I will keep trying different stuff.

EDIT: NVM. They actually added the melee damage multiplier as a blueprint default. I feel even dumber than a second ago.

Anyway I can finally get my mod to almost fully functional thanks to this :3

So I’ve been trying to make this work again. Why is it that when I reference the Ankylo Character BP in my saddle I get the “Failed to find variable property” in the default value section?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8512731/ARKDevkit/attack1.jpg

In the Ankylo Character BP itself I get the values just fine.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8512731/ARKDevkit/attack2.jpg

Does anyone know what can I do in order to get the values to show in the saddle too?

Have you tried plugging in your new array and seeing if it sets it in a test?

It’s probably something to do with that you’re essentially setting the array to nothing with that node, whereas when you’re getting the node, it has data stored in it.

Also I’ve found sometimes the execution needs to be linked for it to really go through and read things properly. I think it’s because during compiling it appears to essentially execute the code and load all the variables referenced.

-WM

Now I’m trying to change the collision preset for the mesh, but it’s not working correctly:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8512731/ARKDevkit/Ankyl1.jpg

I’m trying to make the mesh ignore other dinos like Raptor etc. has. The above thing works at first, but when I exit the Ankylo and ride another one with the same saddle the collision is returned to normal. Somehow it’s not keeping the new collision setting I make.

Oh yeah! Got it to work with “Set Collision Profile Name” instead. I’m so happy :smiley:

hello
as with the beaver saddle’s smithy function, i try to make an ankylo saddle which works like the mortar and pestle.
with the help of this thread i could manage to override some stats of the ankylo and weight multipliers inside his inventory.

but how can i get the mortar and pestle blueprints like sparkpowder inside it’s inventory? i just don’t see where this happens on the beaver or beaver saddle…