How can I connect two splines?

hello, I’m trying to do branching river using the spline tool.

Is there any chance to combine mesh from branching spline or export it to FBX for ​fix that manually?

1 Like

Hi Necner,

You can absolutely do this! :slight_smile:

All you need to do is select the end of one spline. With it highlighted hold CTRL and click the spline control point you want it to connect to.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Tim

1 Like

I know how to connect splines but I can’t understand how to connect meshes from two spilnes to get one plane (not two like this

. Becouse then I have problem like that

I’m trying to make something like that http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=355&t=102257

1 Like

Hi Necner,

This type of use is not currently possible with the Spline tool at the moment. This may change in the future as we improve add to its functionality though. The example you’re showing is similar to the way it was setup in the Vehicle Game example with the road there.

Thank you!

Tim

ok but If I can’t do that, I can fix that in 3ds max or maya. Is it possible to export created spline meshes to fbx?

Something you can try is this;

Make a Y shaped mesh and use it as the mesh of that control point(not the segment). You’ll still need to make adjustments with the size and angle but it’s worth a try.

Hi Necner,

There isn’t a way to directly export only the splines, but from digging into this a little bit you do have the ability to build the landscape and export the the splines that are associated with that landscape.

To do so: Go to File in the top right > Select Export all > Change the format to FBX and set the name of the file you want to save > Open in your 3D modeling software.

Make sure your spline is where you want it when you export because when you open it in your 3D software you will not have the control points to adjust or manipulate the spline positions like in UE4.

I hope this helps clarify for your needs a little bit more!

Thank you!

Tim

Does anyone know if this feature has since been added to the Unreal Engine?

Am I supid?
I need your help :slight_smile:
I want to connect two splines (make one spline of two) But when I select on ending of the first spline, and with ctrl holded I selectet the ending of the second spline. But that just do nothing… I just have them two selected. They wont connect.
Does anyone know why, or have a tip for me?
It would be great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

same problem for me i am on 5.0.3

Same here, but i’m trying to make it in runtime.

Did you figure it out? I also have the same problem with 5.3

you can make your own standard bp spline but you will be missing out on some features like control clicking with landscape spline and some terrain falloff settings.

After alot of searching back and forth i found this

basically make your own intersection mesh and use this code in the construction script to snap them together. You can’t transform the landscape spline though which is lame.

your other option is to use the landscape blueprint brushes and program them with a solver or spline point options to select your intersection mesh

1 Like