How can I check who is actor colliding with

I mean something like if actor1 overlap with actor2 it’ll change float1 variable and when actor1 overlap with actor3 it’ll change float2

so there’s no chance to make it work?

There is no difference between actor1 overlapping with 2 or actor 2 overlapping with 1, they will both see the collision.

• actor1 overlap with actor2 it’ll change float1

• vs

• actor1 overlap with actor2 it’ll change float2

You sure you meant to write it like this? Because this is contradicting itself. As in, it’s the same thing.

What exactly are you trying to detect? Which actor overlaps the other actor first? How would that work? The overlaps happen at the same time. You’ll need more data:

• perhaps actor velocity matters?
  • perhaps actors have priority?
  • perhaps there’s something else to differentiate them

oh sorry i meant actor1 overlap with actor2 and actor1 overlap with actor3 my bad

There’s now actor 3? I don’t get it.

Could you please explain in a lot of detail what you’re trying to do. Grilling people for info is no fun at all. :expressionless:

And the bullet points? As explained above - the overlaps happen simultaneously. You need additional data to determine who’d go first. Provide a real life example, include a screenshot, with arrows and stuff.

We may be simply missing the point of what you’re trying to achieve.

I need this function for a lot of things so i can’t explain exactly what is this for, i need that so actor would know who is it coliding with, and with that information it would start another function like changing variable or something else

i need that so actor would know who is
it coliding with

345596-screenshot-1.png

Above: Other is the actor this actor collided with.

Mandatory read if you’re new to collisions:

Good luck!