How can I add a landing sound after jump?

Event on Landed is the best and most logical approach that I’ve been able to come up with. You want to trigger the sound when the players state is no longer falling. You can’t do that afaik in an anim seq.

If you have a “special” landing animation that plays once the player has landed (e.g. landing montage), then an anim notify in it will work. But beyond that case you’ll need to use on event landed. Something like the following.

Regardless “Event on Landed” will need to be used as some point to trigger the state change.

Just to add … if you take the impact point from the event hit result you can use that with “Get Physics Linear Velocity at Point” → Vector Length to determine how fast the player was moving at impact. This will be needed to adjust landing sound volumes.

e.g. Falling from a short height vs a high height.

Hi! I’ve just finished the “Dynamic Audio” course and I’m trying to add the landing sound after a jump.
The method of the course (Footsteps 01 - Surfaces) consists in adding a notify in the desired frame within the animation (in the course it explained walking and running, not jumping) and then using this notify as a trigger for a Blueprint that emits the sound.
The point is, the same steps don’t work with the fall animation and I don’t understand why.
I state that I solved it by setting an Event On Landed in the character’s Blueprint but I see it as a stretch and I would like to apply the method of the course (as written above).
Can someone help me? Thank you.

Hi! 3 years later but, were you able to fix it? I have the same problem

Thanks!