How can I add a customization file to my widget

Im creating a simple project, is a “inspect character” interface with UMG, i want to have text fields with data like name, power, strength, etc. provided by a file that contains that information, so the widget shows it to the UI. What type of file do i have to add so i can set that properties?

Hey @Nacho3v11 ,

I believe the one that is perfect for your condition is a Data Table. Later, you can also export it as CSV / JSon and reimport it too. (Example image for JSon below)

If that is what you are looking for, you can continue reading this since I will give you a simple guide to do that in case you are wondering.

1. Create a struct containing all properties you want. (Right Click Content Browser > Blueprint > Structure)

2. Create a Data Table based on the struct. (Right Click > Misc. > DataTables)

3. Now Open the data table and ADD 1 row for filling example later (NOTE: You can edit the row name by double clicking the row name)

4. Export it (Right Click the DataTable > Export As …)

5. Edit it (Note: It is easier to use google spreadsheed for csv I think) n Download

6. Reimport (Open the DataTable > Reimport)

Hope this help!