How can I actually remove the Magazine in my Rifle in a reload animation?

Hi everyone, so I’m creating a FPS game and the issue I am having now is that whenever I reload the magazine doesn’t get removed from weapon and just stays on there. I did the weapon functionality inside the First Person Character because I am only going to be implementing one weapon in my game as it is just a short project. Any thoughts of what I can do?

You could temporarily fix it to the hand as the reload anim plays but I think it would be easier if you create / find a reload animation which already has the magazine switch. Since you mentioned that you’ll only need a single weapon, it’d be more practical to have the hands and the weapon merged in the same animation in my opinion.

That is true but it is pretty hard to find a free pack or animations in general. How would you suggest temporarily fixing it to the hand?

You can try using a set mesh node for the duration of the magazine switch animation. That’ll be a quick fix! But if it looks off, you could make your own by adjusting them from a 3D editor like Blender yourself and importing them back together as a single animation. Alternatively, you can also find many 3rd person shooter animation packs online if you’re struggling to find one for the 1st person. You could just choose to use the arm and weapon parts of the mesh.