How can i achieve a camera like Hellblade?

I am just lost. Can’t get the logic about how did they set up the camera in Hellblade? In Hellblade the camera can be rotated freely and the character moves where the camera is faced. But he moves based on yaw controls.

Can anyone help me with that?
Thank You

Ok thank you for this quick response. I will look into it.

I don’t know as i didn’t use sequencer frequently, but i can give you a tip. Search for Hellblade cutscene show cases, Hellblade was frequently presented on different dev shows so you might find answers there. Here one of them from one UE4 streams:

IT sounds like you’re not talking about cutscenes though, so if you’re not, then it sounds like you mean just aim the camera and then when you press forward the character heads in that direction. BUT turning the camera doesn’t necessarily turn the character. The character just smoothly turns toward the direction the character is moving, which if you press forward, will be toward the direction the camera is facing. Is that correct?

If so, then you’ll probably need to not use your input axis to call SetInputRotation or AddInputRotation or anything like that, but instead make it affect your springarm rotation, and this will be considered the Desired Rotation that the character can Lerp and/or animate toward so their model turns soon to face the direction of travel when you start moving them.

exactly, i am talking about that. Can you please give me a quick preview of the setup? As i have already invested way more hours in this with no success. :frowning:

The third person template works in a direction based way. For example if i use yaw my character rolls with it. If i use orient rotation it moves in circle independently. But in senuas sacrifice the character first walks in the camera direction then the strafe movements get activated. Thats what i want in my case.

Yes, indeed. I cant just predict the logics. :frowning:

I’m afraid I don’t already know how to do it, but I know you would need to turn certain checkboxes on or off on the pawn, controller and/or camera. Like for example the camera or springarm’s Use Player Yaw should be turned off.

What’s different between the way you want yours to work and the way the ThirdPersonTemplate works?

It sounds like you are able to get the camera to act the way you want without a problem, but you’re having trouble making the character move the way you want within that camera movement.
So this is really about making up a new way for the pawn to move, different from the direct AddInputMovement way that just uses the forward direction or the axis directions only. It needs to have more logic in it controlled by knowing what kind of state it’s in, whether it is moving forward or just turning in place, it should give different movement behavior. Is that right?
Sorry I know Senua’s sacrifice is famous but I have never played it.

Well I wish I could help but I haven’t really done anything with skeletalmesh animations and character movement in that way, but at least I helped get the question clarified for the next person to know how to help you.

Thank you for what you did.