Hovercraft

I’ve decided to release the hovercraft blueprint I’ve been working on. You can download the project source and related binaries here:

https://github.com/piinecone/hovercraft

It’s by no means perfect, but I think it’s at a point where I’d like some input from the community. Feel free to use it, critique it, and improve it. Thanks!

Collision seems really weird. Like there are invisible wheels below it.

There’s just a downward (gravitational) force and an upward (anti-gravitational) force. The upward force is almost constantly changing, and it bounces a bit at high velocity.

You can tune all of these properties, including turning the desired hover distance down so the hull hugs the surface.

Great work :smiley:

I know there were several people looking at making some F-Zero style games, and would probably find this really useful.

Thanks so much!

I second this! So thanks a lot for releasing this piinecone =)!

Thanks for shared !!!
Great Work. :o

Thanks a lot for sharing! I been trying to figure out how to get a hovering ship working with little success.

This will definetly save me a good ammount of time! :slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile:

That’s a cool example thanks a lot. I was trying to do the same, but when i got to the point of recreating it myself i felt like i prefer to have a bit more “manual” control over the way it’s hovering. So i based mine on the character blueprint instead. Here’s what i have so far.

Here’s what i did to make some collisions on the mesh as-well, not only on capsule component. Maybe somebody will find is useful. It need a bit of a tweaking but seems to be working so far.