I’m trying to implement a Wipeout/Redout like game. Vehicle hovers over the ground using a line trace and upward thrust. But adding forward throttle force gives a big torque to the vehicle. ([Video]) I don’t know what’s causing this problem. Probably the bad hover force. Things I tried so far:
- Manually setting the force location to the center of mass. No difference.
- Calculating the vector parallel to the floor (Get Unit Direction Vector) and multiplying it by the force strength. Same.
- Testing with a fixed direction. Still the same.
- Setting angular damping to 100. Works. But it won’t roll over a ledge. Not what I wanted.
- Reducing force. Boring and dumb.
- Reducing upward thrust distance (AKA Line Trace Length). Works. Reduces the torque dramatically. It doesn’t give a smooth ride. Not the physics I want. There’s still a little bit torque though.
Any idea on how to resolve this?