Hover Bike blueprint system (+ Demo and Multiplayer Support!)

Unfortunately a traditional motorcycle is not on our radar currently :frowning:
As an idea, maybe modifying the vehicle blueprint template to use 2 wheels could get you a fast result.

Any experimentation/replication with multiplayer? I’m trying to do it with my custom hovercraft but if you guys find a way to do it, that will save me a lot of time :slight_smile:

Hi Lynkk, I’m currently tied up with Unforgiven’s game LeBlank but Im still trying to find space in the work schedule for the multiplayer version of the hoverbike. Long story short, it’s being developed but not a lot of time is being invested so I can’t give you an ETA :frowning:

Hey everyoen! Grab tha package while you can for Cyber Monday at 50% off!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/hoverbike-system

Is it possible to change the min/max distance between surface and this bike? Or how hard it will be to implement such feature?

Haha i had to do it .

Hi Cryptaline, this is not possible out of the box but it should be fairly easy to do. Simplest approach would be to offset the mesh location and testing nothing broke which shouldn’t happen but you never know.
If you are a customer of the Hoverbike you could send an email to the support mail (support@unfgames.com) requesting the feature, we would be glad to help.

Hey been a year ish since i last checked, has this pack got multiplayer yet?

It’s been a while but we are working in the multiplayer system since is a feature many of you requested, as a matter of fact there is an article here where you can check the development process about it! Feel free to check it out and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to comment here. We are terribly sorry for we promise you we are going to be more active here!

New development log is out!

Nice system so far! I just purchased this pack and I’m loving what it does. I suppose my question is just a general UE4 question. I’m trying to integrate this into an existing project of mine, and all of my movement variables are stored in a main PlayerController blueprint. I’d like to use the existing inputs to control the bike when the player mounts it. It works fine when I have completely seperate inputs, but when I change the inputs for Accelerate and TurnRight to my default ones in BP_HoverBike, I get no control. I’m guessing I have to cast the inputs from BP_HoverBike to my PlayerController? Or should the PlayerController cast the inputs to the BP_Hoverike? I’m relatively new the the blueprint system and UE4 in general, so I apologize in advance.

You can do it either way but I find it easier to manage if you create a custom event that replaces the input event inside the hoverbike. Then in the player controller cast to the hoverbike and call the created custom event.

After 1 year in development the Hoverbike with multiplayer support is finally ready, hopefully it would have been worth the wait.
In addition, I have made a video tutorial on how to change the default character to your custom character which you can find here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7-X4NeUSjQ
Please let me know what you think after you’ve had a chance to try it out. I can be reached at ram@unfgames.com and my favorite hoverbike color is the red one.

Thanks and have fun!