Houdini Engine for UE4 sometimes just not working anymore

Hello,

I am facing a problem, I absolutly cannot explain.

I am creating a heightfield in Houdini, create a HDA and import that into UE4.
In most cases it works perfect.

The heightfield size is resampled to the correct size UE4 needs.

Suddenly, out of the blue with no changes, the plugin doesnt load any HDA anymore - but also gives me no error.
I didnt change the versions of Houdini or UE4, everything is the same.

Also loading a very simple HDA with a box only doesnt load.
While loading it starts for a second to load and than I get the message, “Finished instantation” - but nothing was loaded.

I restarted the computer, reinstalled UE4 and Houdini - but suddenly nothing works anymore.

Where do I have to start, to find the problem?

I am using Houdini Indie 18.0.532 and also tried the daily build (554).
The Unreal Engine is version 4.25.3

The computer is completly free of any problems since its a fresh installation.
And again, yesterday everything worked like a charme and just out of the blue, the HDA is not loading anymore.

Thx,

Hey,

Were you able to figure this out? I’m having the same issue over here.

Thanks,
cw

I’m also having this issue. I had an HDA working in engine, then made some changes that involved copying and pasting nodes into a new graph and setting up a “fresh” version of the HDA. In UE4 it builds just fine, but nothing shows up. Replaced all my nodes with just a primitive box, still builds, but no box in UE4. So I create a brand new Houdini file, make a new HDA that is just a box and saved it over my old HDA and rebuild it in UE4 and bam, there is a box now, even though the graphs were identical.

I feel like in my HDA there’s something that’s been “dirtied” under the hood, but it’s really difficult to troubleshoot what it is. Not sure what to do other than completely rebuild my tool in a fresh file.