Hotel Remorse - A Student Horror Game

My name is , I’m 19 years old and I’m from Ireland. I am a first year student at Dundalk Institute of Technology studying Games Development. For a college project I made a first person survival horror game called Hotel Remorse. I made the game with the awesome Unreal Engine 4 over a 9 week period. The game is available for download on Gamejolt and soon to be available on IndieDB. The game is quite short with about 6 minutes of gameplay. As much as I wanted the game to be longer it just wasn’t possible to do within the time period without sacrificing the quality.

Short description of the game;
You play as Norman Chambers, a man who has lost his mind due to the death of his one true love. Game begins with you waking up alone in an old dark hotel room. You must explore the long creepy corridors in search for answers to why you are there and how you can get out. But unfortunately completing this task becomes more difficult as expected, as you face the many horrors in which this hotel holds.

I posted weekly updates about the progress I made with the game over the past 9 weeks. These updates can also be found on Gamejolt and Indiedb, alongside screenshots of the game. If you would like to give me advice/criticism or contact me for any reason please send me an email to the address below.

I keep failing at trying to upload screenshots except for this one, sorry :frowning:

Important Links;
GameJolt:
IndieDB:
Twitter:
Email:
Thank you for taking the time to read this :smiley:

Hey,
I have had a similar problem with uploads. Try either hosting the images on Imgur or something, and just paste the links here and they should show up. Or just re-size the photos so they are smaller and it should work. (probably just too big). Hope to see more of your game!

Looks really cool! :slight_smile:

As FatMoth already mentioned, you will have to decrease the size of your pictures -> jpg + under 2MB

Thanks FatMoth and . I did not know that about the images, thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

Could we get a Linux version? Some of us can’t afford those EXPENSIVE windows operating systems. :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/iwFPekMdpLg This is a fantastic horror game! The scares in this are awesome and amazing! I loved every bit of it! :slight_smile: Keep up the amazing work Charlie!

I recognized this right away because of Markiplier’s playthrough. Nice work!

Haha xD Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks so much! The game is awesome and had no idea Mark even played it!

Seriously man, look at this: https://www.youtube/results?search_query=hotel+remorse

2 million on Mark’s video alone!!